Accounts Assistant, St. Julians, Malta
Do you have a love for numbers that makes us go “eh!?” Are you looking for a new challenge and want to excel your career with our growing team? Look no further…this is the job for you!
Our client, a fast-moving young company forming part of a group of companies investing in gaming affiliate businesses are growing and therefore looking to hire an Accounts Assistant.
In this role, you’ll be assisting the Finance team in managing and overseeing the day-to-day accounting of the business.
What’s on the offer
You will be based in our client’s modern offices in St Julian’s. The Company offers a competitive salary package together with other benefits, apart from forming part of a team of passionate professionals.
- Performing general accounting functions and activities including but not limited to the posting of bank account transactions, card processors, preparing bank reconciliations and carrying out monthly reconciliations and reporting;
- Managing vendors and accounts payable, including processing supplier invoices, complying with the company’s invoicing policy, liaising with management for invoice approvals, managing supplier payments in line with company policy, dealing with supplier queries and preparing monthly reconciliations;
- Downloading transaction listings/statements/invoices from providers back offices;
- Reviewing employee expense reports and ensure that all receipts are in place;
- Assisting with the year-end audit and related queries;
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as and when needed;
- General administrative and accounting duties;
- Supporting the finance team as required.
Skills & Experience
- One year experience within a Finance Department is preferable;
- Minimum A level standard of education, Diploma in Accounting (preferably AAT) or must be partly qualified through ACCA;
- Proficient user in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) will be considered favourably;
- Fluent in English;
- Good organisational skills and a great multi-tasker;
- Self-motivated, passionate, reliable, flexible, resilient and takes initiative;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and under pressure;
- Be diligent and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision as well as part of a team;
- Be able to prioritise and manage work without losing attention to detail;
- Be eager to learn and to deliver on expectations.