Our client one of the leading logistics companies in the world is looking for an experienced and motivated Application Consultant to join their Time & Attendance IT team.
In this role you will be responsible for providing consultation, in-depth knowledge and support for the application (Workforce Time & Attendance) and its integration with surrounding systems. You will be able to support launching new application instances, implementations of change/feature requests and release management working together with Business Unit, Development, QA and DevOps teams to achieve this. Your role will also include translating of requirements into Solution Design documentation, providing guidance and best practices related to the application architecture as well as involvement in upgrades, and security-related topics. Your role is critical to smooth implementation, operation and support of the application to ensure that the business needs of our client and their clients are met.
- Providing Application Expertise including understanding of the capabilities and limitations of application, architecture, database schemas, and development tools so as to properly and creatively use features to meet client needs
- Providing expertise in systems integration, interfacing, application performance, scalability, reliability and security
- Understanding, selection and implementation of optimal Integration solutions, also understanding of surrounding and supporting systems ESB, SSO, Webservices etc.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a client implementation as a key member of project implementation teams, including Preparation, Design, Implementation, and Operations/Maintenance
- Collaborating with BU and other teams to translate business requirements into solution design specifications for develop and creating supporting integrations tests, while ensuring these solutions conform to current industry standards as well as to our clients internal guidelines and standards
- Conducting end-to-end testing and support roll outs
- Providing Level 3 support for applications under your responsibility and working together with vendor support on all issues with commercial applications.
- Support and Maintenance of system documentation and SLDs
- Minimum of 3 years IT consulting experience and exposure to all phases of software development lifecycle
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Workforce or similar Time & Attendance application is preferable
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Proven experience with large-scale full cycle client-based enterprise software implementations and proven ability to understand BU requirements, assess business needs and translate them into form of high quality solution design.
- Good verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills. Fluent command of English.
- Ability to learn new areas, new skills quickly and to provide good customer service, be a good listener and work well with others
What is in it for you:
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. Our client values teamwork, continuous learning and diversity, while having English as the working language. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. Our client is located in Tallinn, Estonia – the most digitalized place on Earth.