Back-End Software Engineer
Our client, a fast growing Silicon Valley start up is looking for an experienced Back End Software Engineer to join their awesome team. You are expected to deliver high-quality and scalable code and will get to work in an amazing workplace culture with a flexible work schedule.
The team are cross-functional, self-sufficient and highly autonomous, working in direct cooperation with Product Managers, UX Designers and Front-end Engineers.
The technology used
- PHP 7+, Symfony, Doctrine, Python, Laravel framework
- Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana
- PHPUnit, Postman
- MongoDB, MySQL
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Git
- We also use practices such as Pair Programming, Refactoring, Code Reviews, Weekly Knowledge Sharing sessions, TDD/BDD, A/B testing and Continuous Delivery which are an important part of our development process.
What to expect as a Back-end Engineer
- You will work alongside the product teams and product managers to iterate on new features within the brand.
- You will take responsibility in the design and execution of your own initiatives
- You will help identify areas of improvements in the codebase and help contribute to making it better
- You will frequently pair with teammates to give and receive feedback from a code review to boost knowledge-sharing, learning and improve the platform
- You will fix any prioritized bug/issues tracked within the platform
- You will participate as a presenter or attendee, in weekly coding or knowledge-sharing sessions
- You will learn, develop your soft skills and spend time discussing best practices and technologies with your peers
What’s on the offer
- Amazing workplace culture with a flexible work schedule
- Open to 100% remote work
- Stock Options so everyone owns a part of the company
- Health Insurance to support your well-being
- Career development and growth through training such as events, conferences, and mentorship
- Modern office in the center of Riga
- Free food: breakfast, snacks, and Friday lunch
- International relocation support for international candidates; we cover relocation costs, help with immigration processes and housing