Riga, Latvia or Remote
Our client, a fast growing Silicon Valley start up is looking for a Data Scientist to join their journey. As a Data Scientist, you will use machine learning to solve business problems. The application of advanced analytical methods will help teams to forecast and predict incoming developments. This role includes close collaboration with Product Managers, Analysts, Engineers, and the rest of the data team.
- Translate business problems into data problems and solutions
- Implement various machine learning solutions to solve business problems.
- Research business processes to propose solutions, optimizations or other improvements.
- Monitor and improve existing machine learning processes.
- Stay current with the latest trends and technologies in machine learning
What you need:
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills
- 1.5+ years of experience in a data scientist position
- 3+ years of experience in data related position is a plus
- Previous experience in deploying machine learning models in production environment
- Previous on-hands experience with Python, Git, SQL
- Previous on-hands experience with Apache Airflow is a plus
- Previous on-hands experience with unit-testing or any automated testing is a plus
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or a similar field
What is in it for you:
- An amazing workplace culture with flexible work scheduling
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- Career development and growth through training such as events, conferences, and mentorship
- A modern office in the center of Riga
- Breakfast, snacks, and Friday lunches
- International relocation support for international candidates; our client covers relocation costs, helps with immigration processes, and assists with housing.