We are working together with a Tallinn based igaming company in order to find a new Database Admin to join their team. Our client has a clear growth plan and they are hiring to respond to the growth of the business.
- Build and maintain database systems of high availability in 24/7, multi time zone environment.
- Design and implement database changes in accordance to business requirements.
- Define users/groups and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed recovery techniques and backup data according to industry standards and best practices (3-2-1 principle).
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator.
- At least 3 years hands-on experience series of Microsoft SQL Server products, PostgreSQL and MySQL DBMS.
- Extensive experience with ETL tools like SSIS and Petntaho or ODI.
- Experience with SQL Server Azure or other DBMS products as SaaS or DbaaS.
- Solid understanding of ACID and BASE principles.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification.
- Hands on experience with R Server, Data Quality Services, Analytics Services and Master Data Services will be considered as plus.
- Hands on experience with other than SQL types of database designs, will be considered as plus.