Head of Legal /General Legal Counsel
Our client, a successful operator within the igaming space are now looking for an exceptional Head of Legal / General Legal Counsel to join their ranks. This group of companies is not your average corporate company, so if you’re curious, creative and have a flair for innovation then this opportunity is for you.
You’ll be an essential member of the Group’s Senior Management team, managing the growth and success of the Group from a legal and commercial perspective as well as leading, mentoring and developing a team of 7 Lawyers and Legal & Compliance Officers while making sure the that the direction of the team is aligned with business goals.
- Regularly liaising with the Senior Management team;
- Leading, mentoring and developing our in-house Legal team;
- Providing strategic legal leadership for the Group, its subsidiaries and invested companies across multiple jurisdictions;
- Monitoring and proactively advising the Group on new and existing legal and regulatory developments relevant to the Group’s brands, licenses, products or services (both B2C and B2B) and highlighting and minimising possible risks to the Group.
- Helping to negotiate commercial contracts, managing company IP, corporate governance, regulatory compliance and handling litigation and dispute resolution;
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, internal policies, and managing other legal requests across the Group.
- Liaising with the investment arm of the Group and advising on any investment- or M&A- related activities;
- Supporting expansion into new markets, preparing Joint Venture contracts and/or partnership agreements and new market regulatory licensing;
- Managing and coordinating external legal counsel in local jurisdictions;
- Cooperating with the compliance team to ensure regulatory requirements are met in various jurisdictions.
- 5+ years of experience working as an in-house Legal Counsel in an international setting or from a law firm with international exposure;
- Gaming, FinTech or venture capital industry experience as well as experience working with regulated and licensed markets is a plus;
- A law degree (the Master of Laws);
- Previous experience leading and/or mentoring a team;
- Hands-on experience in reviewing, drafting and closing commercial contracts, contracts related to gaming services (such as IT, SaaS, gaming software, payments, sports betting related services and software) and other legal documents such as NDAs, MoUs, Data processing agreements, etc;
- Good negotiation and proactive problem-solving skills;
- Analytical mindset;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- You are highly organised with and have an excellent ability to prioritise;
- You are a great communicator and are not afraid to ask questions and make decisions;
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that is apt to change.
What’s in it for you:
- Generous learning & development package;
- Monthly sports compensation
- In-house gym, sauna and cafeteria;
- 3 health days per year;
- Relaxing sleeping pods that deserve a separate mention;
- Pet-friendly environment;
- Plenty of events, celebrations and field trips.
- Super cool offices with rooftop terrace, plenty of fruit, drinks and good vibes.
- Sports teams and other activities
- Personal growth opportunities with many in-house learning & development programmes where not only new skills are learned but also put them in the practice through ambitious and real startup-like business projects.