We are CARIAD Estonia, the international hub of CARIAD. The automotive software company of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make mobility safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, digital, and more fun. We are looking for an In-house Legal Counsel to join our team in Tallinn.
- General legal support in various aspects of Estonian business, in particular:
- Drafting, reviewing, and revising different types of commercial contracts, including financial transactions, M&A transactions, services, and employment agreements.
- Corporate law-specific documentation of the company and CARIAD Estonia AS subsidiaries.
- Providing regulatory, compliance and general commercial advice in a wide range of areas, including business development, financing, employment, privacy, dispute resolution and industry-specific regulations.
- Implementation of rules and processes
- Master’s degree in law or currently in master’s studies
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of professional experience in law (legal services or in-house legal counsel)
- Prior experience and knowledge in the fields of company law, financial transactions and/or intellectual property law and the digital/software industry is of advantage
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Lots of enthusiasm for solving challenging cases in a young new organization
Motivations/challenges to take the position as in-house legal counsel
- Opportunity to participate in legal counselling within the automotive industry.
- Opportunity to participate in legal transactions and procedures under Estonian law and German law.
- International cooperation with the legal team in Germany.
- Innovation-driven company with a start-up feel within the Volkswagen Group.