Junior Accountant, St.Julians, Malta
You will be based in their modern offices in St Julian’s. The Company offers a competitive salary package together with other benefits, apart from forming part of a team of passionate professionals.
- Performing general accounting functions and activities including but not limited to the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Establishing and maintaining customer accounts and following up on outstanding payments;
- Responsible for month-end accounting procedures and reconciliations;
- Assisting in the annual statutory audit process and liaising with external auditors;
- Preparing and submitting of the quarterly VAT returns;
- Liaising with banks where necessary;
- Keeping minutes for attended meetings;
- Company administrative tasks;
- Assisting the team with ad hoc tasks;
- Reporting to the group CFO in a timely manner and with accurate financial information.
Skills & Experience
- Applicants must be in possession of the ACCA qualification or University degree in Accounting or someone in the final stages of obtaining an accountancy qualification;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience in a similar position;
- Proficient user in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) will be considered favourably;
- Fluent in English;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and under pressure;
- Be diligent and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Be able to prioritise and manage work without losing attention to detail;
- You are eager to learn and to deliver on expectations.
- Good organisational skills and a great multi-tasker;
- Self-motivated, passionate, reliable, flexible, resilient and takes initiative;