Our client, a leading international health insurance company in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada are looking to hire an experienced .Net Developer to join their team in Miami. You will be a critical part of the services that the business provides worldwide. This position will be responsible for the design and development of new applications as well as taking a lead role. You will need to have the keen ability to understand the full SDLC model and what their specific activities are in designing and then delivering a solid, robust application
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in solution design, concept visualization and functional and technical requirements definition and documentation.
- Design and develop code that is clean, understandable, maintainable and solid that follows efficient design techniques and code development that meets and exceeds the intent of the design of the application
- Effectively manage day-to-day tasks / activities of a team of developers to effectively meet the deliverables and schedule of a large, complex software development project
- Coordinate cross-functional design discussions and ensure that all stakeholders, both internal and external to IT understand the impacts and effects of design decisions.
- Analyze business requirements to create relevant deliverables, suggest enhancements and provide feedback on best-practice implementation.
- Use MS Visual Studio/ Team Foundation Server and other collaboration tools to ensure proper software lifecycle integrity.
- Lead in the development and documentation of technical specifications including database and application architecture and design.
- Work with business users and project managers to understand inefficiencies in existing business applications and recommend solutions.
- Champion process improvements fostering ownership and empowerment across the project teams, IT and the organization.
- Work with project managers to facilitate an understanding of deliverables, timing estimates and prioritization decisions.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Be able to clearly communicate complex technical designs and solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format by both technical and non-technical personnel
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelors degree in a related area; masters degree a strong plus
- 5+ years of development experience with OO programming languages
- Experience with various SDLC methodologies, Agile, Scrum etc.
- Database design and development experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Preferred experience in working with a Microsoft-based technology stack
- Experience with healthcare, insurance, and/or financial data systems a strong plus
- Multi-tier development and design paradigms
- Standard software development patterns and practices
- Microsoft TFS / Team Suite development environments
- Commitment to deadlines
- Task estimation and risk assessment skills
- Willingness to meet the needs of 24×7 environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Creative and can think outside of the box
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self starter that can work well in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be detail oriented, ability to multi-task